Thursday, April 17, 2008

Electronic Bullet to the Hard Drive

I have three computers at home:
1. my regular computer, which I use to surf the web, send out email, play games on
2. my Media Center PC, which is acts like a Tivo and records TV shows
3. my Windows Home Server, which has all of my music, photos and videos

Well, last night, one of the hard drives on my #2 machine, the Media Center PC, died on me, nuking all of the content on it. There wasn't any irreplaceable on it. Just a bunch of recorded TV shows, like American Idol and Battlestar Galactica. The downer is that there were also a bunch of kid TV shows that got lost as well, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins and my favorite, er my daughter's personal fav, the Teletubbies. As you can imagine, both of my daughters were not pleased to find out that Tinky Winky and the gang "disappeared". So I'm in search of a new hard drive. If I don't get one soon, I'm tubby-toast.

No comments: